When expecting a baby, the future mom-to-be can claim UIF Maternity
benefits. The benefits can be claimed for 17 weeks. Payout benefit vary between 38% and 60% of the gross salary of an employee with a capped amount of R 14,872 per month.
The following forms of claims can be done with the UIF office for maternity benefits:
The following individuals may not claim, unfortunately:
- Salary earners / employees may claim if they contribute monthly towards the UIF.
- Members of a Closed Corporation or Directors from a company making a monthly drawing or taking a salary from the company.
- Salary earners / employees with a stillborn or miscarriage in the third trimester may claim benefits for 6 weeks.
- Salary earners / employees who resign while pregnant or while / when going on maternity leave will be able to claim up to 4 months.
- Non South African residents with a valid working permit and who contribute monthly to UIF may claim benefits.
- Commission earners. The employee may only submit a claim if she receives a monthly basic amount apart from the commission earned.
- Sole proprietors (individuals trading a business in their own name)
- If you are a salary earner / employee and your employer never deducted UIF from your salary, you will not be able to claim benefits.
- You cannot claim benefits if you receive your full salary while on maternity leave.
- You might not be able to claim if you claimed other UIF benefits in the last 4-5 years.
- Salary earner / employee working less than 24 hours per month
We are currently members of the South African Institute of Tax Practitioners
& Institute of Accounting & Commerce
FEATURED: UIF Maternity - Frequently Asked Questions
On this page you will find all the relevant frequently asked questions that we receive. If you do feel that you have additional questions or comments, be sure to complete the online enquiry form and we will do our best to assist you with your uif maternity application.
FEATURED: UIF Maternity - Application Process
Here you will find the process that is involved in doing the application for uif maternity, as well as all the forms that need to be completed and returned to us.
Update: UIF Maternity Consulting
Please note that from the 30 January 2017, we are not allowed to submit any claims on behalf of a client for UIF. We only provide a UIF Maternity Consulting service, whereby we will consult on the process with clients.
Please complete the enquiry form below and we will be get back to you as soon as possible regarding the consulting service we provide.