1. Will I pay any tax on my UIF claim?
No, income tax is not payable on UIF benefits.
2. How do I get paid by the Department of Labour?
Your UIF benefits will be paid directly into your bank account.
Buy our Complete Maternity UIF DIY Guide for R99 on how to complete the UIF Maternity Application yourself. Also included are all the forms that you need to complete, ready for you to download.
Documents that you will receive include:
- Complete Maternity UIF DIY Guide (PDF)
- Form UI2 3 - Application for Maternity Benefits Form (PDF)
- Salary Schedule Form (PDF)
- UI 19 (PDF)
- UI-2.7 (PDF)
- UI-2.8 (PDF)
Simply click on the button below, submit payment (Securely via Payfast
) and you will be taken to the download page, with your complete Maternity UIF DIY Guide (PDF), as well as all the relevant forms (PDF) to complete.
Please feel free to contact us, by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
, for any questions or comments in regards to the Maternity UIF DIY or how to complete the payment.
Pay Now via Payfast.
3. How much can one be expected to be paid out?
- The benefits vary between 38% and 60% of the gross salary of an employee. The capped amount for a salary is R 14,872 and if you earn more than that monthly, your benefit will be calculated on this capped amount. For every 6 months employed you are entitled to 1 month of benefits.
- For a gross salary of the capped amount of R 14,872, you could expect about R 5,400 per month.
- For a gross salary of R 5,000 , you could expect about R 2,500 per month.
- For a gross salary of R 3,000 , you could expect about R 1,600 per month.
4. For how long will I receive the UIF maternity benefits?
If you were employed for the maximum period of years (to be calculated by the Department of labour) you are entitled to 4 months of maternity leave and payout of benefits. You can only claim for the amount of months that you are on maternity leave, if you are on maternity leave for less than the 4 months, you will only receive UIF maternity benefits for that period.
5. Can I claim UIF maternity benefits while being paid my full salary?
No, you will not receive any benefit. You will only be able to claim benefits when you are partially paid are not being paid at all for the duration of your maternity leave.
6. Is there a cut-off time for submitting the UIF maternity benefits?
A claim can only submitted within the first 6 month of the birth of your baby.
7. How long does the application process take?
The DOL advises that the process takes approximately 5-8 weeks, but from our personal experience the process takes 2-4 months and in some cases a bit longer, but we do everything in our power to ensure the claim gets processed as soon as possible.
The DOL has implemented new rules dictating that every individual must follow up on their own claim and that this cannot be done by a 3rd party.